To be determined • 9:00 – 12:00; 1:00 – 4:00
ACCESS LINK AND APPLICABLE MATERIALS WILL BE EMAILED
TO REGISTRANTS PRIOR TO CLASS
A 12 hour class on lease enforcement and eviction processes in the Public Housing program, including ways to avoid eviction while still achieving lease compliance and a step-by-step review of the eviction process. Elective course for Public Housing certification programs.
- Determining the essential obligations of tenancy
- Techniques for limiting the necessity of eviction
- Issues with lease enforcement
- Collecting rent and other charges
- Simplifying rent collection and improving your Tenant Accounts Receivables (TARs)
- Repayment agreements
- Collecting charges in addition to rent
- Documenting non-payment
- Preparing your case for Court
- What if the tenant wants to pay to avoid eviction?
- Unauthorized occupants
- How to document their presence
- Advantages and disadvantages of adding them to the lease
- Terrible housekeeping
- Documenting through photographs
- Role of maintenance staff
- Criminal Activity
- What activity is covered by the regulations and your lease?
- Getting and using Police testimony
- When do you have a prima facie case?
- Documenting your case
- Interfering with the right of quiet enjoyment
- The eviction process in Texas, step by step
CRISTI LAJEUNESSE began working with the Public Housing and Section 8 housing programs in 1996. In 2002 she was hired as Executive Director of the Kenedy Housing Authority, in 2006, Executive Director of the Karnes City Housing Authority and since has acquired management of Three Rivers, Smiley, Nixon, Falls City, Yoakum and Schertz Housing Authorities. She manages Low Rent Public Housing and Section 8 programs and is well versed in the rules and regulations governing both programs. In 1999, Cristi began consulting for other housing authorities assisting them with the transition to the new HUD reporting systems. She continues to assist with Agency Plans, PIC submissions, Low Rent and Section 8 program policy and regulations. Cristi is a Certified Public Housing Manager, Executive Section 8 Manager, Senior Public Housing Manager, Texas Certified Occupancy Professional/Public Housing, and Texas Certified Housing Administrator/Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher. Cristi joined the THA training team in summer of 2009..
Rent Collection Policy
Security Deposit Policy