Our headquarter hotel this year is the beautiful Moody Gardens located at 7 Hope Blvd on Galveston Island. The Moody Gardens Hotel offers the finest in Galveston lodging accommodations on the island. Tastefully appointed interior design combines style with a bright tropical ambiance as each room mirrors the botanical beauty of Moody Gardens.
All of the spacious 500 square foot guestrooms feature a variety of panoramic views of the Pyramids, Galveston Bay, marinas and the residential communities of Galveston. Indulgent amenities like plush bathrobes, lighted vanities, full length mirrors, extra pillows and nightly turndown service compliment the hi-tech appointments which include two-line telephones, wireless internet, in-room safes. Guestrooms are appointed with either one king size bed or two queen size beds. Guestrooms have complimentary WiFi and mini refrigerators. The room rate also covers admission to Palm Beach at the Moody Garden entertainment complex.
Room Rates and Reservations
The conference guestroom rate is $135 for singles, doubles, triples and quads. These rates are good August 9 through August15, based on availability.
- The hotel is 100% non-smoking. No smoking is permitted except for designated outdoor smoking areas. Smoking in nonsmoking rooms can originate deep cleaning charges starting at $300.
- A deposit equal to one night’s stay is required to hold each room. Guarantee is by credit card. PLEASE NOTE: THE HOTEL WILL CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD 72 HOURS PRIOR TO CHECKIN.
- If you need to cancel the room, you must do so no later than 48 hours prior to the reservation date in order to get a refund and/or to avoid having one room night charged to your card.
- Check in is 4:00; checkout is noon.
- Moody Gardens Hotel does not accommodate pets; however, service animals are welcome. Please contact hotel prior to your arrival if your service animal will be joining you.
- Cut-off date for the conference rate is July 18, 2019
For Reservations Made over the Telephone
Please call the toll free reservations number 888-388-8484 any time between 6am and 12am seven days a week. In order to get the special $135.00 rate the caller must ask for the Tx Housing Assn. Block.
- Free self parking is available in the adjacent outdoor hotel parking lots as well as the parking garage if you are staying in the hotel (you use your room key for entrance)
- Hotel Valet Parking is $20/day for overnight guests
Returning Extra Rooms
Before you cancel unneeded rooms, please contact the THA office to see if another PHA needs extra rooms.
More Details on Hotel
OVERFLOW HOTELS AND ALTERNATIVE LODGING
If you are late and the block is full, here are your options
- We can put you on a waiting list for any canceled rooms at Moody Gardens. HOWEVER, we recommend you reserve a backup somewhere else in case nothing frees up.
If you have a room at Moody and have to cancel it, please let us know so that we may assign it to someone on the wait list.
- We have courtesy overflow blocks at the following properties, which are from 1.7 to 2.4 miles from Moody Gardens (see map)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
8628 Seawall Blvd
$119.75 standard rooms; $135 for suites (both incl breakfast)
cutoff: July 19
Courtyard by Marriott
9550 Seawall Blvd
$129 King rooms
cutoff: July 28
9540 Seawall Blvd
$135 King Suites, Breakfast included
cutoff: July 28
- If you need to keep your costs even lower, here are a couple of more economical properties that are near
(we cannot guarantee the quality–there may be reviews online)
Days Inn by Wyndham
8712 Seawall Blvd
Inn at the Water Park
2525 Jones Dr