This one day class will address accounting and financial management of the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program. This is a core class for the Texas Certified Housing Administrator – Housing Choice Voucher certification program.
- Revenues Available under the HCV Program
- Housing Assistance Payments
- Administrative Fees
- Implementing HCV Cash Management Requirements
- Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) Program Overview
- Budgeting and Monitoring the Section 8 Program
- Understanding and Tracking Section 8 Reserves
- Understanding the Two Year Tool
- Restricted Net Position (RNP)
- Unrestricted Net Position (UNP))
- Program or “HUD-held” Reserves
- Voucher Management System Reporting Updates
- Reading and Understanding HCV Financial Statements
6 CPE credits in Governmental Accounting, basic level, no prerequisites, no advanced preparation needed.
BDO USA, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
BRIAN ALTEN, CPA, is with BDO PHA Finance, a division of BDO USA, LLP. Brian has worked in PHA finance for over 20 years. His specialties include Low Income Public Housing (LIPH), Housing Choice Voucher (HCV), Project Based, Moderate Rehabilitation (Mod Rehab) and New Construction Section 8; the Capital Fund Program (CFP), HOPE VI and various other programs and grants such as ROSS and Rural Development. He has helped Housing Authorities maximize both Operating Subsidy and their financial ratio scores.